For my devotions today I read 2 Corinthians 5:6-10 NLT. It says…
 So we are always confident, even though we know that as long as we live in these bodies we are not at home with the Lord.  For we live by believing and not by seeing.  Yes, we are fully confident, and we would rather be away from these earthly bodies, for then we will be at home with the Lord.  So whether we are here in this body or away from this body, our goal is to please him.  For we must all stand before Christ to be judged. We will each receive whatever we deserve for the good or evil we have done in this earthly body.
Five things jumped out at me today.
1. While we are here on earth we are not at home with the Lord in heaven.
2. Because of our eternal hope we would rather be away from our earthly bodies and be with Jesus.
3. Regardless of where we are, our ultimate goal is to live in a way that pleases Him.
4. As Christians we know one day we will stand before Him and give account for our lives.
5. We will receive what we deserve for the good and bad things we have done.
As Christians we have a great hope of heaven. Like the Apostle Paul we sometimes long to be away and our bodies and be present with Christ. Which as Paul says is better by far.
While we are here we have work to do on earth. And we also know that one day we will have to stand before Jesus and give account for the things we have done.
For some people judgement day is a scary day, but for others it is a day when they will see Jesus face to face and receive their eternal rewards.
For me personally I use these thoughts to motivate to be about God’s work while I am here. My goal is to please Him. How about you?