When I do my devotions each morning I never cease to be amazed at how much the Bible contains in one or two verses. Today I read Galatians 4:6-7 NLT.
 And because we are his children, God has sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, prompting us to call out, “Abba, Father.”  Now you are no longer a slave but God’s own child. And since you are his child, God has made you his heir.
These two short verses tell us…
1. We are God’s children. John 1:12 also tells God has adopted us as His children when we believe in Jesus.
2. God sent the Spirit into our hearts. Jesus lives in our hearts by the Spirit’s presence.
3. We call out to God as our Abba Father. Some Bible scholars say the the word Abba is equivalent to the term Daddy.
4. We are no longer slaves but free as His children.
5. We are His heirs. Romans 8:17 says we are co-heirs with Christ.
I love knowing we are God’s adopted children, co-heirs with Christ, we are free, the Spirit lives in our hearts and we can cry out to our heavenly Father as a child cries to out to their Daddy.
I love God and I love His Word. It always has something fresh for us every day.