One thing that I have found helpful is to add Bible verses to your prayers. This helps to build your faith and trust in God as you pray.
Here are some examples. You can hover over the references to read the verses if you are reading on my website.
1. If you need wisdom about something – James 1:5
2. If you are praying for blessing and protection – Numbers 6:24-26
3. If you need healing and strength- Psalm 103:1-5
4. If you are praying for provision from God – Matthew 6:31-34
5. If you praying for spiritual growth – Colossians 2:6-7
6. If you are asking God for forgiveness – 1 John 1:9
I first saw this on the movie War Room. A lady in the film had a prayer closet. She had all her prayers stuck on the wall and under each prayer were Bible passages.
For me this idea really helps. I often pray my prayer and then read the Bible verses attached to it.
Why not give it a try?