I was reading Psalm 32:1-5 this morning for my devotions. It listed a number of blessings that happen when we confess our sins to God.
1. It starts by saying blessed is the one whose…
- Sins are forgiven by God
- Sins are covered by God
- Sins do not count against them
- Spirit has no deceit in them
- My bones felt like they were wasting away
- Your hand [of judgement] was heavy upon me
- My strength felt like it was sapped
- Confessed my sins to God
- Did not try to hide or cover up my sin
- God forgave their sin
In saying this though, there have been times in my Christian life where I have been struggling with an issue and I have shared it with a friend so they could pray for me. But 99% of the time, I am alone with God.
If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.
The key for us today is confess our sin and be free of it. Don’t cover it up or try to hide it. Confess and be blessed.
If you would to find peace with God and have your sin forgiven, I would encourage you to visit the salvation page on my website.